A beautiful space beaming with light in the heart of Dayton.
Studio 42 is closed and is no longer accepting rental bookings.
Our white-box studio on downtown Dayton’s Fifth St. is perfect for portraits, product shots or any other photography or video shoots. Metered parking for you and your clients is located just outside on Fifth and around the corner on Ludlow.
The space is approximately 40’x20′, with a full-length wall of windows (north-facing) along Fifth Street that provides great natural light. One long wall is entirely white-painted brick for a beautifully textured background, with white baseboards and light-colored wood floors. Some furniture (pictured in the gallery below) is also included for use in your rental fee. In addition, there are convenient spots for urban backdrops located right outside.
Rental fee begins at $45/hr.
PLEASE NOTE: Based on the governor’s orders, we are planning on reopening studio rentals as of May 12th. No more than four people total will be permitted in the studio at once (including renter and any guests). Everyone in the studio–renters and guests–will be required to wear a masks (masks can be removed temporarily when subjects are being photographed). Everyone in the studio is mandated to keep six feet of distance at all times. Our staff will not be assisting in setting up any backdrops, stands, lighting or moving props. If you are observed violating any of these rules, you will be asked to leave immediately and will not be issued a refund. Please email us at [email protected] before booking if you have any questions.
- Your rental time includes setup and teardown, so please plan enough time to pack and clean up. If you are in the studio more than 5 minutes past the end of your rental, you will be charged for an additional hour.
- Please note: studio is not soundproof.
- We reserve the right to disallow any particular use, subject or renter at the studio manager’s discretion. No smoking, alcohol, or drug use permitted. No one will be admitted into the studio who appears intoxicated. Music should be kept at reasonable levels.
- Pets are welcome!
- Studio lighting and backdrops are not included, but you are welcome to bring and setup any equipment of your own.
- Booking fees are non-refundable, but bookings can be rescheduled up to 24 hours in advance. Cancellations within 24 hours of booking are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Bookings cannot be made through the online calendar with less than 48 hours notice, but occasionally we do have last-minute availability. Please email us to inquire.
Questions? Email [email protected].